HealthInfoNet provides a secure, standardized electronic system where health care providers can share important patient information, giving them the tools they need to make more informed treatment decisions, especially in an emergency.
HealthInfoNet is a Maine-based, independent nonprofit designated by the State of Maine to operate Maine’s statewide health information exchange (HIE). The HIE links medical information from separate health care sites to create a single electronic patient health record. This record is accessible to a patient’s authorized health care providers to support treatment. Read more about HealthInfoNet and its history.
Clinical Information available in the HIE:
- Patient Identifier and Demographics
- Encounter History
- Vital signs
- Laboratory and Microbiology Results
- Radiology Reports
- Adverse Reactions/Allergies
- Medication History (Clinical and Claims)
- Diagnosis/Conditions/Problems (primary and secondary)
- Dictated/Transcribed Documents
Why providers are using the HIE:
- It’s more efficient. Automated sharing of information, less paperwork, reduced time to access clinical information at the point of care, fewer repeat tests and procedures.
- Results in more informed treatment decisions. A more complete and up-to-date patient medical record, including information from all a patient's participating health care providers.
- Leads to healthier patients. Fewer medical errors, improved patient safety, improved continuity of care, and better patient outcomes
Read more about the benefits of using the HIE and what providers in Maine are saying.